Saturday 18 April 2009

Day too soon

April 2008


It was just silently splendid to walk inside A'dam. 7p.m. and the sky was still bright. Only wearing high heels and short skirt could prevent me from jumping out onto one of the boats by the Amstel, the way from Waterlooplein to Muntplein. It was lightly shining, the light yellow of a dash of honey. The beauty of Amsterdam, sometimes can only be acknowledged by being in tranquility. Then, in that state, you are aroused with everything and every sense you can take into your body, your heart and mind.

I couldn't remember if I ever walked alone on this path. In a few hours, I had to be home again, with some people, luckily the people I want to meet. Yet, walking there was something just for myself. (I took a lot of pix with Ngan on this road, almost 3 years ago already!)
I was glad that I didn't go with him or take another metro to go to his place after 2 seconds meeting him on the metro that I did not mean to take. I had no cell phone to call him back, to tell him that I could not go home; my brother took the keys with him. I had almost no money with me either. Yet, I was happy I chose my own path, to walk along the Amstel river, with myself only.

I saw a poster of Kate Winslet in The Reader. I saw sand in pink. There was gold sunlight bordering old Amsterdam houses. There were only shadows of people, together. And there are sometimes things that people who are wise and who are too 'human' are unlikely to understand.

3 comments:

  1. Honey, I never know you have a blog and you update it this often. I enjoy reading every piece of it.

    I have absolutely no idea you are in Amsterdam, doing what? How long will you be there because I definitely want to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be very happy to have you come over here. Summer in Europe would be great, to travel and to meet people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi 2 chi biet nhau a :D so nice, the world is round!!!

    ReplyDelete

random walk during my journey

no9blue - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver